Porting FreeBSD to Raspberry Pi

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 4 10:55:48 UTC 2011

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 11:20:56 +0100
Lars Engels <lars.engels at 0x20.net> wrote:

[cut]

>> Okay, I will see what I can do to get one for you. If it's not
>> possible to port FreeBSD to it, it wouldn't be the end of the world.
>> I just read of the thingy and thought that it would be nice thing to
>> have. :)

Hi Lars,

Raspberry Pi is a world cheaper and smallest board that can do actual
task(HD video, Quake 3), and I don't know any ARM/MIPS/etc. SoC's which
have 256/512MB of RAM inside.

I bet in one year from release of first device
(maybe even not Raspberry) or Broadcom will open his sources, or folks
done much RE work.

WBW
--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray at freebsd.org>