help needed to fix contrib/ee crash/exit when receiving SIGWINCH

Alexander Best alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de
Mon Oct 26 10:48:45 UTC 2009

Dag-Erling Smørgrav schrieb am 2009-10-25:
> Alexander Best <alexbestms at math.uni-muenster.de> writes:
> > i just tried building ee under linux without using new_curse.c and
> > linking the
> > executable against ncurses. running the binary is showing the same
> > problems
> > with SIGWINCH. so if this is in fact caused by a ncurses bug the
> > bug appears
> > in linux ncurses too.

> No surprise, it's the same as ours.

> DES

this was when we weren't sure if the problem was entirely ncurses-related.
could have also been that linux was including the ncurses patches which get
released by thomas dickey every now and then. i'm not entirely sure but i
think the version in the base dir we use is the unpatched 5.7 release of
ncurses.

alex