sysinstall colours

Michiel Overtoom motoom at xs4all.nl
Wed Oct 14 00:50:14 UTC 2009

On Saturday 10 October 2009 01:59:32 Randi Harper wrote:

> All the problems with sysinstall, and your idea is to
> change the color? [...]

Fancy colors seems to me like a wrong focus of attention too... but maybe it
would be nice to be able to run sysinstall in monochrome mode, for maximum
contrast?  Is this possible already?  Just plain gray text on black
background, and inverse for the selection bar, would be useful for those that
have trouble reading yellow text on a lightgray background.

Anyway, it's great to see that sysinstall gets some attention and useful
fixes.

What sometimes bothers me a bit while using sysinstall is the long sequence of
Yes/No questions at a certain moment  ('do you want NFS server?  do you want
NFS client?  do you want anonymous FTP?  do you want bridging? etc...).  A
more logical user interface seems a list of configurable options with their
current settings, where you can 'point and click' with a selection bar to
toggle Yes/No.

Greetings,

--
"The ability of the OSS process to collect and harness
the collective IQ of thousands of individuals across