Failure to Project OOImpress

Paul B. Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 14:10:00 UTC 2008

On 3/15/08, KAYVEN RIESE <kayve at sfsu.edu> wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Mar 2008, Paul B. Mahol wrote:
>
> > Was it connected prior or after Xorg startup?
>
> I think we connected prior. Should we have? I had my
> computer turned off, and I booted it up. The projector
> was on during boot. I thought the boot process would
> take care of it but it didn't.

It should not be directly related to system in any way. Googling
around, I found that Xorg resolutions and modelines must be configured
for projectors in the same way as with second monitors ie creating
another display or screen layout in xorg.conf.
But is should work "out of box way" if for example projector/monitor
support current Xorg resolution.
Also there are some problems (found by googling) with gdm and
projectors in linux environment (no reasons why it should not happen
in freebsd also).