3 connections as one

Bert JW Regeer xistence at 0x58.com
Tue Jun 24 16:13:59 UTC 2008

On Jun 25, 2008, at 00:07 , Andres Chavez wrote:

> Hi, a friend is challenge me to make use of 3 different connections
> (one
> adsl, one cable, and one Evdo) as one single connection to internet, i
> believe for make faster downloads or something such, its that can be
> possible ?, if so, can anybody help me with this?, this sounds
> interesting
> for know tricks on the FreeBSD operating system, he need to use this
> box as
> the network manager and firewall as well, but the connection thing its
> killing me i dont know how.
> --

You could use PF's round-robin balancing to pick an outgoing connection:

See:

http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html#outgoing

It contains examples and should help you get everything set up and
working as you are asking for. One thing it won't do is make downloads
faster, since it is not trunking, but if you have three downloads
going, they might all use different paths, thus allowing you to
utilise all connections, and thus have an over all faster connection.

Bert JW Regeer