Integration of ProPolice in FreeBSD

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Jun 19 15:35:21 UTC 2008

Hi Robert, hi all,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 06:27:30PM +0100, Robert Watson wrote:

>  On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Jeremie Le Hen wrote:
>
> > (This mail has already been sent to -arch at .  I'm sending it here now for a
> > wider audience because I really need testers.)
>
>  Dear Jeremie,
>
>  Unfortunately, I can't lend my hands to this project as they're currently
>  full of other stuff. However, I would really be very pleased to see is
>  [finally] ship a release with ProPolice enabled.  We're definitely trailing
>  the pack in this regard, and I think it's bad practice to not ship with what
>  are considered industry-standard protections here.  Thanks for your work on
>  this!

Thank you for those words or cheer.

I inquired some of my friends to get some testing, and in most of case
the answer was « I'm running RELENG_7 ».  So I've made a patch against
RELENG_7.  There are only minor changes in src/Makefile.inc1 because
-DNO_CTR has been sown all over the file :).

So to make it clear for casual glancers:

	This patch is against RELENG_7.  If you can afford a reboot,
	please test!  I need some feedback before it gets committed to
	-CURRENT.  The patch is very stable on my laptop.

Thanks you every one.
Best regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen