Geode SC1100 i2c bus

Milan Obuch freebsd-hackers at dino.sk
Sun Feb 4 21:44:16 UTC 2007

On Sunday 04 February 2007 22:24, Cats wrote:
> I played a bit today with Geode registers.
>
> Well, I tried to tweak the /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/geode.c
>
> *** 198,203 ****
> --- 198,207 ----
>                         * people think their box just died.
>                         */
>                         led_func(&led1b, 1);
> +                         outb(0x2E,0x7); // Select LDN Page 80
> +                       outb(0x2F,0x2); // Put 02h in LDN to select IR Port
> +                       outb(0x2E,0x30); // Select Logical Device Control
> Register +                       outb(0x2F,inb (0x2F)+1); // Set LDCR[0] to
> enable IR port }
>                 if ( strlen(bios_oem) )
>                         printf("Geode %s\n", bios_oem);
>
> After rebooting with the new kernel I got this in the dmesg:
>
> sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
> sio0: type 16550A, console
> sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
> sio1: port may not be enabled
> sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
> sio1: type 16550A
>
> Yes, the IR port is seen as a standard serial port and I have the cuad1*
> and ttyd1* in the /dev
>
> Well of course none of IRRCX1 and IRTX pins are wired on the wrap board, so
> no way to test it.
>
> This might be a trick to enable the ACBbuses on the geode to have them
> recognized by a driver on the isa bus.
>
> Got to try when I'll have some spare time.

It will not work, there is much more to do. As shown in your test, even second
serial will not work because irq routing is not set. But I will try to
analyze Pascal's sources and compare it to my older work, maybe I can find
the problem, just wait a bit... I will keep you informed if I achieve any
progress...
Milan