Geode SC1100 i2c bus

Cats cats at catslab.com
Sun Feb 4 21:27:19 UTC 2007

I played a bit today with Geode registers.

Well, I tried to tweak the /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/geode.c

*** 198,203 ****
--- 198,207 ----
                        * people think their box just died.
                        */
                        led_func(&led1b, 1);
+                         outb(0x2E,0x7); // Select LDN Page 80
+                       outb(0x2F,0x2); // Put 02h in LDN to select IR Port
+                       outb(0x2E,0x30); // Select Logical Device Control Register
+                       outb(0x2F,inb (0x2F)+1); // Set LDCR[0] to enable IR port
                }
                if ( strlen(bios_oem) )
                        printf("Geode %s\n", bios_oem);

After rebooting with the new kernel I got this in the dmesg:

sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A, console
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1: port may not be enabled
sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A

Yes, the IR port is seen as a standard serial port and I have the cuad1* and ttyd1* in the /dev

Well of course none of IRRCX1 and IRTX pins are wired on the wrap board, so no way to test it.

This might be a trick to enable the ACBbuses on the geode to have them recognized by a driver on the isa bus.

Got to try when I'll have some spare time.

Cheers,

Cedric

De cats at catslab.com, le 04/02/2007