Programs not accepting input?

Alex Zbyslaw xfb52 at dial.pipex.com
Mon Mar 27 11:27:45 UTC 2006

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>Same here.  As mentioned in the original message, I can use the mouse
>to open a new window under firefox.  The new window will accept
>keyboard input, the old one won't.  It's almost as if it's deadlocking
>on input.

Just a "me too".  I used to get this with mozilla just as you described
for Firefox but haven't had it in a while (fingers crossed).  This is
using standard Xorg server, single head display, simple window manager
(fvwm2).  Some time ago I switched to the NVidia driver over the Xorg
one, but I really don't know that this is related.  Just that I switched
some time ago and that I haven't had the lockup in a while.  For all I
know, I unconsciously stopped doing whatever it was that triggered the
lockup :-(

--Alex