jail(8) should not set login name for session

Frank Behrens frank at pinky.sax.de
Mon Mar 20 13:51:44 UTC 2006

jail(8) sets a new login name for the session if the command is run
as another user and this affects parent/sibling programs.

This error is described and a patch attached in

Meanwhile an additional idea came into my mind and this is the reason
for this mail:
Should jail(8) create a new session via setsid(2) if the
argument "-l" is supplied?

BTW: The mentioned PR has Confidential set to
yes. I don't know where it comes from, may be I become mad. :-(

Regards,
   Frank
--
Frank Behrens, Osterwieck, Germany
PGP-key 0x5B7C47ED on public servers available.