FreeBSD Kernel Quality?

Robert Watson rwatson at FreeBSD.org
Thu Apr 6 08:09:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006, Benjamin D Adams wrote:

> I came across the fallowing website: http://scan.coverity.com/
>
> Looks like they check open source projects for source quality. They Have the
> fallowing listed:

The FreeBSD Foundation has negotiated a license to use the Coverity Prevent
software as part of the FreeBSD.org cluster, so we have our own Prevent
install.  We do nightly runs on two branches and at least five hardware
architectures, providing all FreeBSD developers with accounts on the Coverity
bug database.  This allows tracking long-term bug trends, immediate feedback
on newly introduced bugs, etc.  I'll actually be visiting Coverity on
Wednesday to talk about expanding our use of their software.  There's news
blurb about the Coverity license on the FreeBSD Foundation web page, and we'll
be cutting a press release in the near future (we have a draft, but it seems
to have stalled, so hopefully my Coverity visit will kick it off again).

Robert N M Watson