mount permissions problems

albi albi at scii.nl
Sat Oct 8 14:31:07 PDT 2005

On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 17:10:08 -0400
Chuck Robey <chuckr at chuckr.org> wrote:

> I have this Zaurus pda, running OpenBSD (FreeBSD doesn't run on arm,
> last I looked), and I have just gotten usb networking to work.  I am
> trying to get nfs mounts to work, and I have very nearly got it working,
> except for one problem: permissions.
>
> For example, I have a /usr3/local that I want to mount as /usr/ports on
> the Zaurus.  When I do that (and it does mount), if I try to "touch
> garbage", it comes back and tells me "Permission denied".  I can't get
> around this.  The mount isn't ro, in fact, when I do the mount -v, I get:
>
> april.chuckr.org:/usr3/osrc/ports on /usr/ports type nfs (rw, ctime=Sat
> Oct  8 10:23:49 2005, v3, tcp, hard, wsize=8192, rsize=8192,
> rdirsize=8192, timeo=100, retrans=10, maxgrouplist=16, readahead=1,
> acregmin=5, acregmax=60, acdirmin=5, acdirmax=60)

you didn't say whether you tried as a normal user or root, for normal
users you should use the same uid and gid on both machines, for root
you need to appropriate syntax on the nfs-server (you could show that
part of /etc/exports changing your ip-addresses)

HTH

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import