Promise FastTrak RAID 5 support ?

Thierry Herbelot therbelot at dibcom.fr
Fri Nov 25 16:34:38 GMT 2005

Hello,

I've been googling for some time and I can't seem to find out whether the ata
subsystem of FreeBSD supports the RAID5 feature of the Promise boards.

Two boards seem interesting : (by Promise)   FastTrak S150 SX4-M and
FastTrak SX4100 (I haven't exactly seen the differences, though)

from the ATA mkIII update commit log, it seems that the RAID support for
Promises is fairly good, but even after a glimpse at the ata-raid src in
cvsweb, I'm not sure of anything.

Has any one a hint on a cost-effective, FreeBSD-supported  RAID-5 SATA disk
controller ?

	TfH