a puzzle about FreeBSD

Yong Ma mayong at mail.com
Mon Nov 21 01:50:41 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: =B9=F9=D5=F1=BB=AA <gzh at net.pku.edu.cn>
To: freebsd-hackers at freebsd.org
Subject: a puzzle about FreeBSD
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 21:51:58 +0800

>=20
> I am very interested in FreeBSD but it is difficult to master it. There is
> little resource related to the most basic and fundamental problems.
>=20
> I read the source code of a project. I don=A1=AFt understand SYSCTL_IN ma=
cro and
> SYSCTL_PROC macro. I want to know when my function registered in SYSCTL_P=
ROC
> is called.
>=20
> In addition, can you give me some advanced reference books or websites wh=
ich
> are useful?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Best wishes
>=20
> Jenvor
>=20

May these be help:
1.FreeBSD and Linux Kernel Cross-Reference :http://fxr.watson.org/
  you can look up the source of functions and macros you'd like to know.
2.FreeBSD Architecture Handbook :http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1=
/books/arch-handbook/
  or the Chinese version:http://www.freebsd.org.cn/snap/doc/zh_CN.GB2312/bo=
oks/arch-handbook/
3.Attacking FreeBSD with Kernel Modules:http://packetstormsecurity.org/pape=
rs/unix/bsdkern.htm
  something about kernel modules and syscalls.
4.http://www.xfocus.net/articles/200312/650.html:something about the kernel=
 in Chinese.
5.The Design and Implementation of the FreeBSD Operating System

Yong

--=20