VIA RAID controller problem

Orestis Papakonstantinou orspap at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:12:50 GMT 2005

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a laptop (Amilo M3438G) that uses VIA's VT6421 RAID
controller. I have problem installing FreeBSD (6.0) on that laptop because
FreeBSD does not support this hardware and after the installation it loses
all the mount points, got several core dumps too etc etc. VIA has released
drivers for Linux (both SuSE and Redhat) and I would like to ask if there is
a way to integrate these drivers to FreeBSD at boot time (not through Linux
compatibility layer after the install). Has anyone with similar hardware
found a solution? Thanks for your time!