FreeBSD VGA Framebuffer

Gordon Bergling gbergling at 0xfce3.net
Wed Dec 21 22:06:16 PST 2005

* Thus spake Alastair G. Hogge (agh at tpg.com.au):
> On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:22, Dario Freni wrote:
> > Alastair G. Hogge ha scritto:
> > >
> > > You could look into KGI:
> > > http://kgi-wip.sourceforge.net/
> > > http://people.freebsd.org/~nsouch/kgi4BSD/
> > >
> > > There is patch set around for RELENG_6 from a few months ago.
> > > You have to build a new kernel with sources, setup LibGGI and give it
> > > ago.
> >
> > Can you point us to this patchset? According to the site it seems its
> > development freezed at 2005/01/15, and I can't find any other
> > informations about that.
> OK for the records. mindtrap on #kgi thru irc.freenode.net modifed Nicolas
> Souchu's (nsouch) BETA-5 patchset to build and run on RELENG_6 and HEAD.
> mindtrap only had a personal web page to store his modified patchset.
> Unfortunatly I no longer have the patchset or the URL of the patchset :-(
>
> Those of us that are interested in KGI4BSD just have to wait for nsouch or
> mindtrap to appear on #kgi for more info. Last I heard nsouch (I think)
> was giving mindtrap an preforce repo or something, and both were working
> on a new API....or something.

I made this strange PatchSet against RELENG_6. ;)

It can be found at
http://generic.0xfce3.net/freebsd/20050914-kgi4bsd.patch
. It applied cleanly on a 6-BETA3, I think. If it isn't working on a
recent RELENG_6_0 or RELENG_6 I have a working tarball from which I
could create an update for the patch.

best regards,

	Gordon

--
Gordon Bergling <GBergling at 0xfce3.net>	      http://www.0xFCE3.net/
PGP Fingerprint:  7732 9BB1 5013 AE8B E42C  28E0 93B9 D32B C76F 02A0