FreeBSD VGA Framebuffer

Alastair G. Hogge agh at tpg.com.au
Wed Dec 21 21:35:00 PST 2005

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 04:22, Dario Freni wrote:
> Alastair G. Hogge ha scritto:
> > On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 07:51, Dale DuRose wrote:
> >>Hi
> >
> > Hello
> >
> >>I'm wondering if anyone knows if freebsd has a vga framebuffer?
> >>and how to use it?
> >
> > You could look into KGI:
> > http://kgi-wip.sourceforge.net/
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~nsouch/kgi4BSD/
> >
> > There is patch set around for RELENG_6 from a few months ago.
> > You have to build a new kernel with sources, setup LibGGI and give it
> > ago.
>
> Can you point us to this patchset? According to the site it seems its
> development freezed at 2005/01/15, and I can't find any other
> informations about that.
OK for the records. mindtrap on #kgi thru irc.freenode.net modifed Nicolas Souchu's (nsouch) BETA-5 patchset to build and run on RELENG_6 and HEAD. mindtrap only had a personal web page to store his modified patchset. Unfortunatly I no longer have the patchset or the URL of the patchset :-(

Those of us that are interested in KGI4BSD just have to wait for nsouch or mindtrap to appear on #kgi for more info. Last I heard nsouch (I think) was giving mindtrap an preforce repo or something, and both were working on a new API....or something.