gcc problem/openoffice failure

Marco Molteni molter at tin.it
Wed May 28 01:08:41 PDT 2003

Julian Elischer wrote [2003-05-27]:

> For the last month (more actually)(and after completely rebuilding my
> system and all the ports on it) I have not been able to compile
> the openoffice port due to gcc failures.
> (I have posted the message earlier several times)
> Has anyone been able to compile the openoffice port recently?

[..]

I assume you tried to compile the elephant because you weren't aware that
there exist a fbsd package for it. I did the same thing until I got tired ;-)

http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/

has packages for -stable and -current.

On my -stable I run openoffice-1.0.3_2.

On my -current, after trying to run openoffice-1.1Beta1 and being bitten
by all sort of bugs, I just installed the compat libraries for -stable and
then the same openoffice-1.0.3_2 for -stable. Runs like a charm :-)

marco