replacing sendmail with qmail

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jun 27 09:00:46 PDT 2003

In message: <200306261913.h5QJDIig001490 at grimreaper.grondar.org>
            Mark Murray <mark at grondar.org> writes:
: Alin-Adrian Anton writes:
: > Hi guys,
: >
: > As sendmail showed to be so vulnerable in the past, and even in the
: > recent past, I was wondering to propose removing it from the default
: > install on freebsd. Currently, sendmail comes with the system sources,
: > and runs as root. I think this is bad, and it could be replaced with
: > qmail, for example. Or, something else, if you think something else is
: > more secure. Please let me know if this is possible, or why if not, and
: > to whom shall I address this idea (I wonder why it didn't happen yet).
:
: Please look for this topic in the archives. It has been discussed
: VERY many times.

Also, we can't use qmail because its license is not compatible with
the project's needs.  There are lots of other issues using an
alternative mailer, and Mark is right.  It has been done to death.

Warner