replacing sendmail with qmail

Alin-Adrian Anton aanton at reversedhell.net
Thu Jun 26 11:43:35 PDT 2003

Hi guys,

As sendmail showed to be so vulnerable in the past, and even in the
recent past, I was wondering to propose removing it from the default
install on freebsd. Currently, sendmail comes with the system sources,
and runs as root. I think this is bad, and it could be replaced with
qmail, for example. Or, something else, if you think something else is
more secure. Please let me know if this is possible, or why if not, and
to whom shall I address this idea (I wonder why it didn't happen yet).

Best Regards,
Alin.