USB, select/poll for ucom

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Jun 25 08:42:37 PDT 2003

: 	while trying to port an application that works with tty to uplcom/ucom,
: (and it doesn't work :-), and looking at the kernel sources and
: trying to figure out USB, i think that select(2)/poll(2) will not work,
: correct?

I'm able to use ppp with umodem/ucom.  My brother uses ulpcom/ucom for
his ppp needs.  I'm pretty sure that select is involved. :-)

>From what I can see in the code, I'd expect that it would work because
the ttypoll routine is specified for the poll routine.  Why do you
think it wouldn't work?

Warner