USB, select/poll for ucom

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely12.cicely.de
Wed Jun 25 05:09:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 01:13:56PM +0300, Danny Braniss wrote:
> hi,
> 	while trying to port an application that works with tty to uplcom/ucom,
> (and it doesn't work :-), and looking at the kernel sources and
> trying to figure out USB, i think that select(2)/poll(2) will not work,
> correct?

I've seen Problemes with non 8n1 communications and I've also seen
problems because most USB adapters only deliver 5.5V to the lines.
I never noticed any select/poll problems and I don't think we have any
because this is handled in common code at tty level.

If you have any condition that shows something different please let
us know.

ticso at bwct.de                                  info at bwct.de