vr(4) duplex problems

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Tue Jun 17 00:59:31 PDT 2003

On Tuesday 17 June 2003 15:43, Mike Silbersack wrote:
> > I don't have any other brands of 100/FDX switches :(
> > I will try and dig one up, but I think the best I can do is a different
> > generation switch from the same manufacturer.
>
> Well, then we're somewhat stuck.
>
> Couldn't you sneak in a little 5 port hub from home and splice it into the
> network? :)

I have a little 8 port switch at home, but it's made by Alloy :)

I will ask my geeky friends, I'm sure they have a wide selection :)

> > ukphy0: <Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface> on miibus1
> > ukphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
>
> Nothing out of the ordinary there, but perhaps we're messing up by _not_
> recognizing a specific PHY and doing something special.  Hmmmm...
>
> I have an idea, but since forced duplex works for you, I'm not inclined to
> spend time on it now.

OK, I will get back to you with the results with a different switch in a few
days...

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5