vr(4) duplex problems

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Mon Jun 16 23:14:48 PDT 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> > If possible, I'd like you to try some other brands of 100/FDX hubs and see
> > if autonegotiation works properly; this would help tell us if the problem
> > is general, or specific to that card.
>
> I don't have any other brands of 100/FDX switches :(
> I will try and dig one up, but I think the best I can do is a different
> generation switch from the same manufacturer.

Well, then we're somewhat stuck.

Couldn't you sneak in a little 5 port hub from home and splice it into the
network? :)

> ukphy0: <Generic IEEE 802.3u media interface> on miibus1
> ukphy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto

Nothing out of the ordinary there, but perhaps we're messing up by _not_
recognizing a specific PHY and doing something special.  Hmmmm...

I have an idea, but since forced duplex works for you, I'm not inclined to
spend time on it now.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack