Backporting burncd w/VCD support to 4.5-REL-p24

D J Hawkey Jr hawkeyd at visi.com
Mon Jun 9 10:52:15 PDT 2003

On Jun 09, at 01:45 PM, The Anarcat wrote:

> On Mon Jun 09, 2003 at 07:24:32PM +0200, Soeren Schmidt wrote:
> > It seems D J Hawkey Jr wrote:
> > > Lemme ask you this, then: Given a FBSD 4.5 system, is the CAM xpt
> > > module patch (T. Quinot) and cdrecord a [more] viable option? Or am
> > > I basically SOOL?
>
> I've used the ATAPICAM throughout the 4.x branch and now in 5.x
> without any problems, really enjoying all of cdrecord power.

Um, just to clarify: FBSD 4.6 was the first release with ATAPICAM
(I _think_ it was 4.6, but definitely not 4.5). Are you saying that
FBSD 4.6 was nice and solid?

More to the point, had you applied that CAM xpt patch to a 4.5 (or
earlier) release? And solid reliability continued?

Thanks for the reply,
Dave

--