Sound Panic - VIA VT8233

Pav Lucistnik pav at oook.cz
Mon Jun 2 15:32:18 PDT 2003

V ?, 03. 06. 2003 v 00:28, Anish Mistry napsal:

> > I have lots of problems on 5.1-RC box with similar onboard sound chip.
> > I see many hangs (maybe it's a panic, don't know, dump is not being
> > written to dumdev). They always happen when sound is playing, on keypress,
> > mouse move, network traffic or on starting playback.

> What are your dump settings?

I'm sure I have them right, because I have three dumps from ffs breakage
last month...

> Mine are:
> in rc.conf: (savecore with the -z option was failing for me so i removed it)
> dumpdev="/dev/ad0s1b" # make sure this is the swap
> dumpdir="/usr/crash"

dumpdev="/dev/ad0s1b"
dumpdir="/mnt/2/crash"

> in my kernel config:
> makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
> options         DDB, DDB_UNATTENDED

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g
options         DDB                     #Enable the kernel debugger
options         DDB_UNATTENDED
#options	INVARIANTS
#options	WITNESS
#options	WITNESS_SKIPSPIN

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
Sutinuv zakon: Ty nezbytecnejsi pocitacove ulohy jsou nejzabavnejsi.