Ultra ATA card doesn't seem to provide Ultra speeds.

Soeren Schmidt sos at spider.deepcore.dk
Thu Jul 31 08:45:33 PDT 2003

It seems Kenneth Culver wrote:

> Guess I just didn't look hard enough or in the right place. I only spent a
> minute or 2 on it, but yeah ATA drives don't tell you that sort of thing,
> they say stuff like "ATA133 for a max transfer rate of 133 MB/sec *" then
> at the bottom the * says something like "133 MB/sec burst rate from drive
> to controller" or something similar. But I did try fairly hard to find
> specs on our Seagate drives and couldn't find a hard number that told what
> the maximum read and write speeds were.

Thats maybe true for some drives, but generally they state this info
in their docs, for the Diamond 9+ it took me < 10 secs to find the
below transfer speeds, I did have the PDF handy though :)

Disk to Read Once a   236Mb/sec      236Mb/sec    236Mb/sec     236Mb/sec
Revolution            mminimum        minimum      minimum      minimum

                      433Mb/sec      433Mb/sec    433Mb/sec     433Mb/sec
                      maximum        maximum      maximum       maximum

Disk to Read          257Mb/sec      257Mb/sec    257Mb/sec     257Mb/sec
Instantaneously       minimum        minimum      minimum       minimum

                      472Mb/sec      472Mb/sec    472Mb/sec     472Mb/sec
                      maximum        maximum      maximum       maximum

-Søren