Ultra ATA card doesn't seem to provide Ultra speeds.

Kenneth Culver culverk at yumyumyum.org
Thu Jul 31 08:13:59 PDT 2003

> http://www.maxtor.com/en/products/scsi/atlas_10k_family/atlas_10k_iv/index.htm
> "maximum sustained data transfer rate up to 72MB/sec."
>
> http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/enterprise/family/0,1086,530,00.html
> Lists not only sustained transfer rate, but tells you the center and
> edge platter speed range
>
> http://ssddom01.hgst.com/tech/techlib.nsf/techdocs/966AE18147C20C8587256BF100656F41/$file/HGSTUltrastar146Z10.PDF
> Also lists center/edge sustained speeds

Guess I just didn't look hard enough or in the right place. I only spent a
minute or 2 on it, but yeah ATA drives don't tell you that sort of thing,
they say stuff like "ATA133 for a max transfer rate of 133 MB/sec *" then
at the bottom the * says something like "133 MB/sec burst rate from drive
to controller" or something similar. But I did try fairly hard to find
specs on our Seagate drives and couldn't find a hard number that told what
the maximum read and write speeds were.

Ken