VM problem...

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Mon Jul 21 12:53:37 PDT 2003

Hi Pawel,

On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 09:16:22PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> I'm allocationg memory with obreak() function (so vm_map_find() function
> is used to find space). But if I try to allocate size (and size is small),
> obreak() will allocate more memory.

You may find the vm_map and pmap documentation which I have just
submitted to the project helpful for reference:-

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=docs/54691
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=docs/54632

and ref: our online conversation about the vm_map_insert() semantics
(and possible failure mode re: NULL vm_object argument for the user
process case).

Regards,
BMS