PPP vs mpd (was: FreeBSD lacks PPPoE (pppoa3 solution))

Pedro F. Giffuni giffunip at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 10:30:20 PDT 2003

 --- Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> wrote: > On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at

> The main problem involved in updating it has merging the FreeBSD
> changes into the significantly different pppd code.  If the Debian
> people have done this, then it could be updated - you didn't post a
> link to the patches though.

I understand that problem: I tried to update it and mostly gave up (Same
problem with ficl). The Debian people started from the NetBSD patches. their
diff is here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2003/debian-bsd-200307/msg00006.html
they also submitted it to the ppp author so I was waiting for him to pick it up
and submit that PPP as a port.

The problem, as I see it, is that the only pppd that supports netgraph is mpd.

 cheers,

   Pedro.