ASUS P4P800-VM + AD1980 (Was Re: VIA8235 + AD1980)

Rudolf Cejka cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz
Tue Aug 19 00:55:25 PDT 2003

Rudolf Cejka wrote (2003/08/18):
>   my "another machine" is at home, so I will be sure about your patch
> tomorrow and I will send you another mail, however it looks reasonably.
> Maybe just for "defensive programming" wouldn't it be "safer" to switch
> values instead of assignment? Maybe there are some boards, which can use
> both outputs...

So, I have tested your patch (machine with AD1885) and it works for me,
however it would be really better to switch values instead of assignment
even in my case just with HP_OUT connected. With an assignment, it is
possible to control main volume by two independent controls,
SOUND_MIXER_VOLUME and SOUND_MIXER_MONITOR, and if I change one of them,
then there is an inconsistency between the real volume state and the other
control.

Best regards.

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology