messing with CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM

John Polstra jdp at polstra.com
Sat Aug 2 15:22:09 PDT 2003

In article <20030802193548.GH969 at numachi.com>,
Brian Reichert  <reichert at numachi.com> wrote:
> I'm exploring the 'local repository' tactics as described in:
>
>   <http://www.scriptkiddie.org/freebsd/setting_up_local_repo.html>
>
> which makes use of the CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM evironment variable.
[...]
> Any advice?

Yes: look for a different approach, or at least backup your local
repository frequently.  There are known bugs in CVSup which can cause
it to throw away your local branch under certain circumstances.  I
won't have time to fix those issues any time soon.  So my advice is,
don't use the CVS_LOCAL_BRANCH_NUM feature.

John
--
  John Polstra
  "Two buttocks cannot avoid friction."                     -- Malawi saying