ports/178552: Update print/freetype2 to version 2.4.12

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Fri May 17 01:37:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Pedro Giffuni <giffunip at tutopia.com> wrote:
> On 15.05.2013 13:42, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM,  <giffunip at tutopia.com> wrote:

>>> It is simply a very desirable feature, specially if you have
>>> Opentype fonts available.
>>>
>>> They will be enabling it by default on their next release but
>>> it is already considered stable enough (it just works here).
>>
>> The freetype2 is not a port that where you can just throw it quick.
>> They didn't enable this now, because it's not ready so the ports tree
>> isn't ready for this either.
>

> I understand they made this release specifically so people
> would give it more testing.
>
> I just couldn't wait and I enabled it :).
>

>>> I think we should at least have an option to enable it.
>>
>> Yes, it's what I have suggested in my first replied. ;-)
>

> Hmm.. the extra patch solved the issue for me but it was
> indeed a quick fix. I personally feel little motivation to do
> more if it doesn't reflect in the final package though.
>
> What about adding an option but enabling it by default? ;).
> Otherwise I guess we can just close the PR and wait for a
> new version.

It really does need to be disabled by default. Next time when you
create a patch. Please don't use ":" in the name of file. The ports
tree doesn't allow it anymore (years ago) only if you add a new file.
It needs to be "_" as I believe that it's in the porter handbook.

--
mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team