ports/178552: Update print/freetype2 to version 2.4.12

Pedro Giffuni giffunip at tutopia.com
Thu May 16 19:15:21 UTC 2013

On 15.05.2013 13:42, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:38 AM,  <giffunip at tutopia.com> wrote:

>>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Why did you enable it by default? This is a testing feature and they
>>> must have disable it for some reasons too, so it needs to be disabled
>>> by default with the optional provide. It will be enable by default
>>> when they enable it. We need to follow its tarball's default.
>>>
>> It is simply a very desirable feature, specially if you have
>> Opentype fonts available.
>>
>> They will be enabling it by default on their next release but
>> it is already considered stable enough (it just works here).
> The freetype2 is not a port that where you can just throw it quick.
> They didn't enable this now, because it's not ready so the ports tree
> isn't ready for this either.

I understand they made this release specifically so people
would give it more testing.

I just couldn't wait and I enabled it :).

>> I think we should at least have an option to enable it.
> Yes, it's what I have suggested in my first replied. ;-)

Hmm.. the extra patch solved the issue for me but it was
indeed a quick fix. I personally feel little motivation to do
more if it doesn't reflect in the final package though.

What about adding an option but enabling it by default? ;).
Otherwise I guess we can just close the PR and wait for a
new version.

Pedro.