ports/178552: Update print/freetype2 to version 2.4.12

giffunip at tutopia.com giffunip at tutopia.com
Wed May 15 16:45:16 UTC 2013

 On Wed, 15 May 2013 07:51:50 -0500, Jeremy Messenger
 <mezz.freebsd at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Apart from some minor issues, this version of FreeType supports the
>>  new CFF engine donated by Adobe in collaboration with Google.
>>
>>  Testing of this new feature is encouraged but in order to activate
>>  it the code must be patched so I added the suggested patch that
>> sets
>>  it as the new default hinter.
> <snip>
>
> Why did you enable it by default? This is a testing feature and they
> must have disable it for some reasons too, so it needs to be disabled
> by default with the optional provide. It will be enable by default
> when they enable it. We need to follow its tarball's default.

 It is simply a very desirable feature, specially if you have
 Opentype fonts available.

 They will be enabling it by default on their next release but
 it is already considered stable enough (it just works here).

 I think we should at least have an option to enable it.

 Pedro.