ports/178552: Update print/freetype2 to version 2.4.12

Jeremy Messenger mezz.freebsd at gmail.com
Wed May 15 12:51:57 UTC 2013

>  Apart from some minor issues, this version of FreeType supports the
>  new CFF engine donated by Adobe in collaboration with Google.
>
>  Testing of this new feature is encouraged but in order to activate
>  it the code must be patched so I added the suggested patch that sets
>  it as the new default hinter.
<snip>

Why did you enable it by default? This is a testing feature and they
must have disable it for some reasons too, so it needs to be disabled
by default with the optional provide. It will be enable by default
when they enable it. We need to follow its tarball's default.

--
mezz.freebsd at gmail.com - mezz at FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team