Building devel/gtkmozedit with libxul gecko provider

Beat Gaetzi beat at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 27 14:27:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

We are going to remove xulrunner, Firefox 2 and Mozilla from the ports
tree. We created a patch which switches all ports using xulrunner,
firefox or mozilla gecko provider to libxul.
Unfortunately three ports failed during the exp-run. One of them is
devel/gtkmozedit which is maintained by the Gnome team. I tried to fix
this problem but was not successful.
Could you please take a look at this problem. Is it possible to use
gtkmozedit with libxul gecko provider? If not, should we remove the port?

Patch which was tested on pointyhat is available here (updated version
for current ports tree):
http://tmp.chruetertee.ch/gecko-ff-removal-part2-v0.3.patch

Pointyhat log is here:
http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-errorlogs/a.7-exp.20090917174615/gtkmozedit-0.3.0_5.log

Thanks,
Beat, on behalf of the FreeBSD-Gecko Team