ports/139038: x11/gnome-applets: clock applet no longer shows weather information on FreeBSD 8.0

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sun Sep 27 00:53:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 17:42 -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> > Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 14:12:00 GMT
> > From: marcus at FreeBSD.org
> >
> > Synopsis: x11/gnome-applets: clock applet no longer shows weather information on FreeBSD 8.0
> >
> > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> > State-Changed-By: marcus
> > State-Changed-When: Sat Sep 26 14:10:26 UTC 2009
> > State-Changed-Why:
> > The problem has to do with the timezone file being used.  The timezone file
> > in /etc/localtime is not what GNOME is expecting it to be.  Therefore, the
> > clock applet doesn't think your home location is still home.  If you click
> > the Set button next to the location in the clock applet, you should get
> > your weather display back.
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=139038
> >

> Not sure what "Set" button you refer to. I see none in the "Locations"
> tab. There is a "Time Settings", but it did nothing to press the "Set
> System Time" in the time settings window.

If you click on the clock applet, a pull-down appears showing the
calendar and map.  Below the map are the configured locations.  Next to
the home location is a house icon.  Next to all other locations where
the house icon would be will appear a Set button when you put the mouse
in that area.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org