screensaver still broken...

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Sep 1 16:22:32 UTC 2009

> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:43:45 -0400
> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at freebsd.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-gnome at freebsd.org
>
> Mike Harding wrote:
> > I still have issues where a screen lock won't let me type in my
> > password, have to kill it from a console.  Also, the LCD backlight for
> > my desktop machine doesn't turn off... something in GNOME turns off
> > the power saving in X.
> >
> > Does these lines in ~/.xsession-errors about org.gnome.ScreenSaver
> > mean anything?
>
> No.  Everyone sees them.  I cannot reproduce the gnome-screensaver
> problems on any of my machines.  And I don't have a machine with fully
> working power management to test backlight stuff.  I don't have any
> suggestions, either because I have not seen these problems.  Maybe some
> of the upstream GNOME people have some ideas of things to try.
>
> Joe

Problem seems to be resolved. I have now tried all three of my systems
running a Gnome desktop and it now seems to be working on all of
them. It want away when I updated ports on Monday. I suspect, but can't
confirm, that libxlavier was the culprit.

Out of curiosity, Mike, did you have any special keyboard mapping stuff
in you Gnome configuration? I use "Make CapsLock an additional Ctrl" and
I suspect that this may be what is different about my configurations.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)