ports/131627: gnome/hal CDROM mounting still doesn't work for me

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 2 23:40:14 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-03 at 15:19 +1100, Andrew Reilly wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 03:58:23 GMT
> marcus at FreeBSD.org wrote:
>
> > Synopsis: gnome/hal CDROM mounting still doesn't work for me
> >
> > State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> > State-Changed-By: marcus
> > State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 3 03:58:04 UTC 2009
> > State-Changed-Why:
> > Is this still a problem with the latest hal?
>
> I'm running hal-0.5.11_18, and my ports tree was csupped and
> portmaster -a'd over the weekend.  Behaviour of non-mounting
> CD-ROMs seems exactly the same.  That is: I can mount them in the
> traditional way with sudo mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom, and
> they show up in the "Computer" browser of Nautilus (complete with
> correct label), but Natuilus won't mount them, even when asked to.
>

> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=131627
>
> BTW: probably hal related, and I should check to see whether
> there's another PR that I can reference: since the upgrade to
> gnome2-2.24 or there-abouts, I haven't been able to shutdown or
> reboot with the GUI.  I used to be able to with the
> System->Shutdown menu, but that only offers Hibernate now.  I
> also used to be able to from the GDM login window, but not now,
> either.  So it's back to the command line for that, too...
>
> Let me know if there's anything about my setup or configuration
> that you'd like me to check or change.

Try adding:

<match user="andrew">
  <return result="yes"/>
</match>

to PolicyKit.conf right after the root entry at the top.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org