ports/131627: gnome/hal CDROM mounting still doesn't work for me

Andrew Reilly areilly at bigpond.net.au
Mon Mar 2 22:03:59 PST 2009

Hi Marcus,

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009 03:58:23 GMT
marcus at FreeBSD.org wrote:

> Synopsis: gnome/hal CDROM mounting still doesn't work for me
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: marcus
> State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 3 03:58:04 UTC 2009
> State-Changed-Why:
> Is this still a problem with the latest hal?

I'm running hal-0.5.11_18, and my ports tree was csupped and
portmaster -a'd over the weekend.  Behaviour of non-mounting
CD-ROMs seems exactly the same.  That is: I can mount them in the
traditional way with sudo mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom, and
they show up in the "Computer" browser of Nautilus (complete with
correct label), but Natuilus won't mount them, even when asked to.

BTW: probably hal related, and I should check to see whether
there's another PR that I can reference: since the upgrade to
gnome2-2.24 or there-abouts, I haven't been able to shutdown or
reboot with the GUI.  I used to be able to with the
System->Shutdown menu, but that only offers Hibernate now.  I
also used to be able to from the GDM login window, but not now,
either.  So it's back to the command line for that, too...

Let me know if there's anything about my setup or configuration
that you'd like me to check or change.

Cheers,

Andrew