GDM 2.24.1 and XDMCP

Uwe Laverenz uwe at laverenz.de
Tue Jan 20 00:27:47 PST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:47:55PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> > Another question: is it me or does GDM 2.24 still come without
> > XDMCP-Chooser functionality?
>
> Yes, XDMCP functionality was removed from GDM 2.22 and higher.  Despite
> that, the GNOME release team decided to ship it with GNOME 2.24.

Joe, thank you for your answer and for all the work that you and the
others have done for FreeBSD/Gnome. This was one of the reasons why
you kept GDM 2.20 in the ports then?

I must admit that I can't understand why they release 2.24 with a
nearly useless version of GDM and broken/removed session support. :-(

thank you,
Uwe