ports/118090: mail/thunderbird no longer works on amd64 with version 2.0.0.9

John Merryweather Cooper john_m_cooper at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 20 12:06:30 PST 2007

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR ports/118090; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus at FreeBSD.org>
> To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, john_m_cooper at yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: ports/118090: mail/thunderbird no longer works on amd64 with
> 	version 2.0.0.9
> Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:36:48 -0500
>
>  --=-LfMx1pzGluEl9xG1jBFt
>
>  I cannot reproduce.  I tried 2.0.0.9 on 8-CURRENT on amd64, and it works
>  just fine.  Note: I do not have eningmail installed, so that may be part
>  of the problem.  Please try without enigmail, and see if that helps.  If
>  it does, you should take this crash up with the enigmail maintainer.
>  Perhaps you need an update (or recompile) there as well.
>
>  Joe
>
>  --=20
>  Joe Marcus Clarke
>  FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
>  FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
>  http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome
>
>  --=-LfMx1pzGluEl9xG1jBFt

>  --=-LfMx1pzGluEl9xG1jBFt--

I stripped mail/thunderbird, mail/enigmail-thunderbird, and
deskutils/lightning-xpi.  First, I rebuilt mail/thunderbird.  It works
fine alone.

Then I rebuilt deskutils/lightning-xpi.  It builds and installs OK, but
it does absolutely nothing.

Finally, I built-installed mail/enigmail-thunderbird (both with gcc
4.2.1 and gcc 3.4.6).  CRASH!

So, it's an enigmail problem.  Enigmail just doesn't work on amd64.  :(

jmc