Evolution icons missing after latest "portupgrade -a"

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at marcuscom.com
Fri May 5 23:26:16 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 10:06 -0400, Daniel Shakhmundes wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am quite new here.  I have been running FreeBSD for a few years, and
> Linux for a few years prior.  However, I have usually been able to
> find solutions on my own or the internet, but I am stuck here...
>
> I did a portupgrade and now Evolution is missing icons, although some
> are working.  Ports tree has been updated as of yesterday.  I have
> followed the directions on
> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/bugging.html and I hope the
> information is a good start.

What icons are missing?  Please provide a screenshot of Evo as well as
any diagnostic messages seen on stderr after starting Evo up from a
terminal.  Also, please mention the icon theme you are using.

You might also want to try running the following as root:

gtk-update-icon-cache --force /usr/X11R6/share/icons/hicolor
gtk-update-icon-cache --force /usr/X11R6/share/icons/gnome

And see if that helps.