devel/gmake upgrade breaks www/mozilla compile

Ade Lovett ade at freebsd.org
Fri Jun 30 00:06:22 UTC 2006

> /usr/local/bin/perl5.8.8 -I../../config ../../config/
> preprocessor.pl -DNAMESPACE=http://www.w3.org/2000/10/18/P3Pv1 \
>         -DHAS_TMPL_RETENTION\
>         resources/content/p3p.xsl.in > p3p200010.xsl
> ../../config/preprocessor.pl: invalid argument to -D:
> HAS_TMPL_RETENTIONresources/content/p3p.xsl.in

Looks like a perl issue to me.  Note the lack of a space before the
backslash on the -DHAS_TMPL_RETENTION line.  "preprocessor.pl"
appears to be mistakenly joining things together, resulting in the
failure.  Further investigation needs to be carried out there by
someone more familiar than me with the mozilla build process.

It should be noted, however, that both www/mozilla and www/firefox
built successfully here (x11/gnome2 was one of the test cases) on 6-
STABLE /i386 and /amd64.

-aDe