How to install sylpheed.desktop by ports system?

Norikatsu Shigemura nork at FreeBSD.org
Sat Apr 8 04:34:11 UTC 2006

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 22:58:16 -0500
"Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 21:50:43 -0500, Norikatsu Shigemura <nork at FreeBSD.org>
> wrote:
> > 	I have a problem about mail/sylpheed2 (based mail/sylpheed2-devel).
> > 	It's a WITH_GNOME knob.  I didn't know how to install sylpheed.desktop
> > 	if GNOME is installed.  But I noticed how to fix it.  However, :-),
> > 	I don't know that following patch is good or bad.
> > 	So please review it.
> How about just remove the WITH_GNOME, then install those in
> share/applications and share/pixamps rather than in GNOME? That way will
> showing up in more general desktops such as xfce, GNOME, possible even KDE
> if they added X11BASE yet, and other WMs. When you do that, don't forget

	Oh, I don't know that the others expect GNOME use
	share/applications.

> to add this in plist.
> @dirrmtry share/applications
> I am starting to push on the new ports that I maintain to have install in
> share/applications and share/pixamps. I personal want to see share/gnome
> to go away. However, later I shall change those my ports to install in
> share/applications and share/pixamps.

	Thank you.  I'll install to share/applications instead of
	share/gnome/applications.

	marcus!  I understand that USE_GNOME=gnomeprefix should be used.
	Thank you!