gedit 2.14.1 crashes on exit

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Apr 1 20:00:46 UTC 2006

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 13:41:25 -0600, Marcin Gondek <drixter at e-utp.net>
wrote:

> Dnia 01-04-2006, sob o godzinie 22:23 +1000, Michael Tran napisał(a):
>> Installed gnome 2.14 by removing all of my previous gnome 2.12
>> packages and using marcusmerge to retrieve and combine my ports tree.
>> Everything is working fine except closing gedit.
>>
>> gedit comes back with an error message everytime you close the
>> program.  It doesn't matter if you were working on a document or two,
>> or if you had just ran the application.  The message is:
>>
>> "The Application "gedit" has quit unexpectedly"
>>
>> Please find attached some more information.
>>
>> Anyone else having the same problem?  If not, any ideas on what I
>> should try?  Have I missed any important packages?
>
> I can confirm, I have the same issue.

Couldn't reproduce it here, try to create a dummy user and see if you
still have the same problem. If you do, then please follow our FAQ for
enable debug and provide us the backtraces.

I had to clear a few of ~/.gconf/* and other ~/.* directories/files when I
upgraded from GNOME 2.12 to 2.14.

FreeBSD GNOME Team