Integrated DEBUG related macros to WITH_DEBUG/WITHOUT_DEBUG

Joerg Wunsch j at uriah.heep.sax.de
Sat Nov 19 14:03:50 PST 2005

As Norikatsu Shigemura wrote:

> 	I consider that DEBUG related knob should be integrated
> 	to WITH_DEBUG/WITHOUT_DEBUG.  So I want to add DEBUG to
> 	/usr/ports/KNOBS.  But following ports should be modified.
> 	How about do you think?

> ok? using MAINTAINER_DEBUG
>    ports/devel/avr-libc

That MAINTAINER_DEBUG knob was something completely different than you
have in mind.  During installation, I had to remove certain files
(from the installed tree) as doxygen stupidly left them behind, yet
their filenames differed depending on wherever the tree has been
built.  So I had to establish a special post-installation cleanup
procedure in the Makefile.  All that MAINTAINER_DEBUG knob did was to
list out the files that are being deleted, so the hack could be
monitored by the maintainer (i.e. by me), whereas mortal users just
got a "Removing extraneous man page files..." message.

So nothing any user would really had to use, nothing I believe that
could be centralized.

Anyway, as we now run doxygen differently so it doesn't produce the
garbage anymore, I'll be more than happy to kill all that from that
port's Makefile Really Soon Now.  So you can safely delete me from
your list. ;-)