Port upgrade: www/firefox. Added GUI selection support

Erich Dollansky oceanare at pacific.net.sg
Wed Jun 15 13:05:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> El Miércoles, 15 de Junio de 2005 12:06, Erich Dollansky escribió:
>
>>Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>>
>>>On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:09:33 -0500, Erich Dollansky
>>><oceanare at pacific.net.sg> wrote:
>>>
> Your machine can't use opera (www/opera)?  Also kdebase3 come with
> konqueror  and can be tweak for small machines.  both full funtional
> here with a K2-350/64 and before working even with 32 MB.

It is not my machine. It is for real poor people.

An in-law of mine sources free PCs and sends them to Sri Lanka where
real poor people get them for free.

There is another project done here in the region to get the price of new
hardware down to USD 100 to 150 so the government could give the
hardware for free to the poor.

You might have seen how poor those people are when you have seen reports
from the Tsunami in Sri Lanka and Indonesia.

> A 500 Mhz basic via epia board is capable of running gtk2 firefox with
> 64/128 MB without problems.

I agree there.

I am talking about a real different thing which is normally not seen at
all outside the affected areas.

Erich