Port upgrade: www/firefox. Added GUI selection support

Jose M Rodriguez josemi at freebsd.jazztel.es
Wed Jun 15 12:44:12 GMT 2005

El Miércoles, 15 de Junio de 2005 12:06, Erich Dollansky escribió:
> Hi,
>
> Jeremy Messenger wrote:
> > On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:09:33 -0500, Erich Dollansky
> > <oceanare at pacific.net.sg> wrote:
> >
> > That's reason why we should kill GTK1, because of no support and no
> > maintain for years. Avoid the world to have full of worms & co.
> > from it.
>
> So, you say we should continue to give the poor people here our old
> machines with Windows as this allows at least browsing with Internet
> Explorer?
>
> > 3) Use the different browser.
>
> This is what we currently do, but it ain't no FreeBSD browser.

Your machine can't use opera (www/opera)?  Also kdebase3 come with
konqueror  and can be tweak for small machines.  both full funtional
here with a K2-350/64 and before working even with 32 MB.

Also, modern computer prices don't seems to be a real problem. You can
get low end geode/athlon boxes for really low prices. Also some via
boards.

A 500 Mhz basic via epia board is capable of running gtk2 firefox with
64/128 MB without problems.

--
  josemi